January 2015 - and how I plan to record this year...

19 February 2015

I made a conscious decision this year to minimise commitments...
My usual pattern is to say I will... but then don't.

Most years Id be lucky to last a week before I start jumping on-board with challenges...  prompts  or find myself  bogged down yet again by the need to photograph each day.... scrap a layout each week...blog a regular catch-up.. or meet a swap deadline.

Of course I've loved all of these past challenges.. swaps and commitments...
and I will continue with some but I am saying  NO to anything that needs an ongoing largish commitment. In the ideal world Id have a personality that could take these things in my stride...
but I don't.
I stress....feel pressure.. and cant sleep if I get behind with things...
its not worth the angst for me this year.

So... without my photo-a -day.... project 365....project life album...or even regular Instagramming....how will I make sure these memories are still recorded.
I mean....what if I all of a sudden decide I regret my decision...eeek..

SO my easy...stress free solution is to just pop a monthly collage here on my blog..
just some photos... and dot points...
no lengthy wording required...no embellishing needed...
surely at some stage every 30 days I can whip a collage together without any stress.

(Oh and I am waiting on my beautiful Heidi Swapp planner to arrive....all these beautiful planners bombarding my IG feed are teasing me....arghhhhhhhh...
This will be more about keeping my lists...dates...and little snippets together...
Instead of my usual diary type planner...I'm having a beautiful fancy looking planner. )

So.... here we go...
January 2015 



  •  Camped at the lake with the Winen clan.. it was so lovely to catch up with everyone.
  • Jorja taught Brent and Mitch how to loom band.
  • Mitch and Meg had a rough month...Mitch was unwell again and finally had surgery at FMC
  • Briony and Jarrad all dressed up for Toni and Wades wedding.
  • Ian and I travelled to Nelson and camped with James and Kelly... had a wonderful relaxing weekend. Kel and I enjoyed a paddle boat with Evie.
  • Brookey had her ears pierced. She was so brave...and they look so pretty and sparkly.
  • Bella created more art... 
  • Mitch had a birthday.

Post a Comment