...Honey...Im home....

25 April 2007

...phew...what a whirlwind few days...I cant believe we have managed to jam in as much as we have...... we have travelled a lot of kilometres....slept in a lot of different beds...and ate waaaaaaaaaay to much food.

..... we finally got away on Thursday morning...... arriving at Mum and Dads for a late lunch...yummy homemade quiche and sausage rolls....Yummo!! Dad looks fabulous.....so much better than even the week or so before when I saw him.....and I lapped up Mums cooking too....we stayed overnight..... catching up on all the chat.... and went through lots of old photos and albums...great fun!

.....Friday morning we headed out to James and Kellys home on the farm..... the kids rode the bikes and caught up .... I had the tour of their homestead under renovation...which is looking fantastic and getting closer to completed. Kelly and I then travelled to Kingston with all the kids.....and I got my first glimpse of James and Kellys new shack.....

David and Jo were in Kingston ....painting the exterior of their new shack also....so we spent the afternoon there...and the kids and I stayed with them overnight..... Briony helped to paint...I was a slacko and didnt.... but Kelly and I did cook the evening meal for everyone....which Im sure they appreciated after painting all day. I then spent the night with James and Kelly in Kingston.... so another night...another bed...... the kids had a great time with all their Ferguson cousins...... riding bikes...fishing and hanging out.

Monday morning I left Kingston early and headed to Lucindale to Grandma Lornas..... we spent the day with Grandma.... and I went through piles more photos...a trip back down memory lane.... Grandma has a fantastic flat screen huge Tv....and recliner chairs....so the kids were in heaven...and after being at the beach all weekend Im sure they loved the oppurtunity to just flop in front of the TV for the day. We were entertained by Grandmas Cocky and companion of 20 or more years..... he told us he was 'a pretty cockatoo'.... 'dance cocky'...and he laughed his head off and then told us to 'shut up'.... my Grandma Lorna has always had a pet Cockatoo.....all my life...and I always associate them with her.....

....we spent Monday night back in Bordertown.... and Tuesday morning caught up with my Papa and Betty who had just arrived from Tasmania and are staying with Mum and Dad..... Papa is now 92 years old and looking so good.... he is as fit as a bull.... still exercising every day...and he and Betty havent changed at all since the last time I saw them..... I was so lucky to have the timing right to see them.

....well we arrived home last night....I had a fabulous time away...but I was soooooooooooo thrilled to be back home ...Id missed Ian, Brent and Alex...... and I must admit I find the weather much nicer here...... so I was home all of 10 minutes and Brent announced he was off to Adelaide.... night clubbing.... Arrghh....I have felt freaked about it all night.....I hope he is ok!!
Well......after reading this back I acknowledge the fact it is a total gobblydegook..... but Im being rushed out the door by Mitch who is playing his first game of footy today...in less than an hours time to be exact.....
More later....
Mardi x

11 comments

  1. Hey - we made mini quiches and sausage rolls the other night. First time in AGES! Sounds like you had a fantastic time away. Love the cocky's comments :)

    AND you've been tagged! Check out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it sounds like you two had a great trip away Mardi. Your Grandma's cocky sounds like a hoot lol!

    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow sounds like it was one fantab. trip....but I hear ya when u say It's great to be home.
    LOVE the cocky's comment!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a fantastic trip. Hectic, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And as a welcome home gesture, I just tagged you! Check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Mardi, sounds like a whirlwind trip, but brilliant. You caught up with so much family.
    LOL @ cocky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time Mardi. Glad to hear your Dad is doing well too.

    Take care
    Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow- what a busy few days you had- I bet you are glad to be home!!! I love catching up on your news. I see that you have been tagged- I'll have to check back and read your 7 interesting facts/habits!!!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:11 am

    Goodness me girl, busy busy, you are making me tired :)
    I Tag you too for the 7 different things :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:21 pm

    So glad to hear your Dad is doing well. How do you do it, your life is always a whirl, from this place to that etc...you certainly are living life to the fullest Mardi (you go girl).LOL Love your pics and we have a lot more in common then I thought (the sheep shearing etc..)Another story for another day.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:11 pm

    What can I say! Phew! made me tired just reading it LOL.
    Glad you had a great time away...although tiring it must have been wonderful to catch up with so many rellies :)
    Take care
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete