What a fabulous way to wrap up the week...

7 June 2010

Yesterday Charmaine and I travelled to Mildura to spend the day with the lovely Allie....and her beautiful daughter Marnie.
Mildura is nice and close.... its an easy drive...just under two hours from my place.....and over the years its been so nice that we've been able to spend some scrappy days together.... quite often Allie makes the trip here..... this time we did the travel.

We missed our buddy Belinda though.... sniff sniff...Belinda has always been a part of this scrappy group too.... there will always be a seat at the table though....so maybe one day we'll all scrap together again.


Anyway.....I picked Charmaine up just after 7.30am.....and we headed on to Allies gorgeous home in Mildura....It was sooooooo relaxing to just sit and chat...... oh and scrap.....and chat.....to pop to the shops briefly and chat....and to eat a delicious lunch made by Allie ...and chat..... and chat....I'm sure you get the picture...

Here we are..... its the end of a long day..... and we needed this pic before the light faded...

Marnie was the hostess with the mostest..... she had made these delicious slices and mini tarts to share with us....and they really were yummo....I ate far too many....
She also took some great snaps for us to remember the day....
Haha.... the girls both sat so we could all be the same height for the photo..... and that mess is predominantly mine.....I scrap in a 6x6 inch space between mountains of product and scraps.... I do it every time.... oh...and I spend a lot and I mean a LOT of time searching for things Ive lost in my mess mountain.... like my stapler.....and my pen....

So that was our day....
Would you believe I was also very productive.....I think I completed 3 or 4 layouts.... I just need to finish off the stitching and journaling and I can share....

I had such a wonderful 'Dreams in Action' week last week.....I wonder what Ill achieve this week...

4 comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day Mardi...spending a day scrapping with sweet friends sounds fabulous...
    Loved seeing your creations from your 'dreams in action' week... you should be very proud of yourself - you achieved so much...
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh {pout}. Can I come next time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful day Mardi, I hear ya about the mess... always do that too and then always have to look for my stuff *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to spend the day Mardi!

    Sheree xx

    ReplyDelete