Introducing "Lottie"

25 June 2012

There was a lot of excitement here last week when a very special parcel arrived....well the excitement was temporarily replaced with horror when we saw the condition of the box (a tad unhappy Aust Post)....
but then thankfully we were back to relief and excitement when we luckily found the contents were intact....phew.

We were very excited because this box contained our very first Blythe doll.... a special girl that the little girlies and I will share....a special little hobby for us.

The idea came out of the blue..... Bella had become interested in dolls....and dolls clothes....she was always bringing me naked barbies and asking if I could make them a dress....or find them some shoes....
I grew a bit tired of wrapping a scrap of fabric around like a toga...and decided perhaps I should seek out some barbie fashions.

It was about then a light bulb went off in my head....

I was going to buy a Blythe.....and we could enjoy it together.

Now I was clueless to the Blythe world....I had lovingly admired my dear friend Janelles beautiful collection but had never ever considered having one myself until now.

So I called in Janelles help...and she immediately set to work to find us our perfect first girl.
We were so excited when an email arrived saying that China-Lilly of Indy and the Ninja Blog had a girl that she could sell to us..... and even more excited when we heard she had offered to spray mat her (to take away some shine) and give her beautiful sleepy eyes.
We of course said Yes..... this sounded like the perfect girl for us.....and we eagerly waited for her to arrive.

While we waited we got prepared....
We had a lot of discussion on what her name would be.....
Poppy said it should be "Pie Pie" after Collingwood....
Its no surprise Bella and I didn't agree....
Bella kept saying..
." Poppy wants to call her Pie Pie.....but she isn't....is she Nan"....and rolling her eyes at his suggestion....
But when I asked her suggestion.....she thought Evie would be a good name...but seeing as she has a cousin named Evie we thought perhaps we should have a different name.
So....we decided on Lottie and prayed that when she arrived she would look like a Lottie.

I got the crochet hook out and made a few hats....
and some simple clothes .... we were all ready....waiting....and the excitement was building.

Then the parcel arrived..... and I freaked at the hole....but patiently waited for Bella and Brooke to arrive so we could open the package...


Awww...look at her....thankfully she is perfectly intact .....and is beautifully dressed in a sweet little dress as well...

Brookie badly wanted to play with her too...

She did get a little play....but until her obsession with 'dolls eyes' passes we will have to supervise her very carefully...poor Chookie.

Luckily she looked just like a Lottie...she is a factory girl.... with an Urban Cowgirl scalp....and absolutely perfect for us.

Of course we have been playing lots.....Bella takes her clothes on....clothes off...shoes on...shoes off.....
and we have been trying out a few little photo shoots too...

I am still laughing at myself....
I had no idea her legs would bend.....so all my initial photos have her sitting with her legs bolt out like this..
I am so grateful for Janelle and her kindness...helping me learn about these beautiful girls...and reassuring me that I wont snap a leg off if I try to bend it.

Oh....and I didn't think Lotties eyes could change either.....even when Janelle assured me they would....
then I  worked out I wasn't pulling hard enough to hear the click....silly me.




So that is the story of beautiful Lottie....
I'm sure the girlies and I will be enjoying her for many years to come...

6 comments

  1. Lottie is beautiful!!! How cute are those hounds tooth pants!lol!
    Janelle introduced me to the blythe world too...she has the loveliest collection. Bec (miss 10) and I have 4 blythes now I have had so much fun sewing,knitting, and crocheting for them...even sand matting their faces...it was so hard trying to do a photoshoot when you could see your own reflection in their forehead!lol!
    I am sure you and your girls are going to have so much fun with Lottie too!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mardi... Lottie is gorgeous... I love her little photo shoot... and those hats... so sweet... what a beautiful and fun thing to share with the girls... and I can just envision Bella rolling her eyes at the thought of naming her Pie Pie... Lottie is perfect...
    enjoy...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mardi welcome to the beautifully obsessed world of Blythe.
    She is beautiful. Congrats. I am sure you will have lots of laughter, fun & joy with your littlies.

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so lovley. I love her wardrobe already! LOL. It's a bit nerve wracking changing the eyes isn't it! Kinda feels like you're gonna snap something off. Legs too - Tassy still gets me to bend the legs for her LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw look at Bella's little face.. She is loving Lottie! I'm so excited for you that you have two little Blythes now .. to share with the girls.. A beautiful hobby for you all to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello,
    my name is Dominique and I came to visit your new blog after reading about it in Emily and Janelle's Blogs. I do not know them personaly as I live in Ireland but I like to read their blogs as they are just both of them SO creative!
    I am french and have 2 lovely daughters of 5 and 6 who keep me going...
    I discovered Blythe dolls over a year ago and OI am completly addicted, your dolls are lovely and I love the clothes!
    well, nice to meet you
    Dominique
    And I will surely come back to your lovely blog

    ReplyDelete